Thursday, February 14, 2013

Almost Home Free

Greetings.

So unfortunately for all of you out there who sweetly tune in to see what I've got say this week, I'm afraid I'll have to disappoint you. I do think you're all very sweet for doing that so thank you. I can not even begin to describe the type of week I have had, with two midterms, a close reading and the knowledge of essay due dates slowly but steadily creeping closer. Needless to say, I'm all out of fresh and interesting things to say, at least for right now. Thankfully Reading Week is so close I can almost taste it and it will give me the long anticipated break I need to recharge my batteries.

That being said, I do have interesting things to share. I promised myself that I would update this blog weekly if I could so I'm trying to stick to that.

Here is an awesome link a very good and a very sweet friend of mine showed me lately and it's got really great advice on writing. Check it out: http://www.brainpickings.org/index.php/2013/01/14/how-to-write-with-style-kurt-vonnegut/

Also, seeing as it is Valentine's Day today, and this is both writing and Valentine's Day related (not to mention incredibly amusing - to me at least), I thought I'd share it too. Here is what to expect when you make the crazy decision to date a writer: http://www.cbc.ca/books/canadawrites/2012/02/how-to-date-a-writer-heather-oneill.html.

I'd just like to throw my two cents in and say that while most of the things Heather O'Neill says are exaggerated to the point of hyperbole, they are nonetheless true for the most part. Hahaha.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment